June 5th Live Music Session
Welcome to PreSchool Music!!
Hello parents, My name is Ms. Leslie and I will be your child’s music teacher for the year. In music class, your child will be given the opportunity to play many different instruments; drums, piano, guitar, bells, etc. We’ll work on the basics of music like beat and rhythm, dynamics and tempo. This year I’ll also be teaching your child the beginning steps to music reading. We’ll work on spatial awareness while we dance and move throughout the classroom. Of course we’ll be singing many songs and will be performing 4 songs for our graduation in June. My puppet friend, Milo, and I look forward to a fun music- filled year with all the students here at our school.
- I have been teaching here in North Bergen for 15 years. I earned my BA in Music Education and a Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education, both at Montclair State University.
- I grew up in southern New Jersey between the Pine Barons and the blueberry, corn, and peach fields. I attended Winslow Twp High School (then Edgewood Regional) where my favorite subjects were band and math.
- Outside of school, my days are spent with my husband, 4 sons and baby girl. We like to go camping, take trips, go to the
beach, ride our bikes, dance to all sorts of music, and watch nature shows.
- Band: Dave Matthews Band
- Musicians: Laurie Berkner and Jean Pierre Rampal
- Instruments: Flute and ukulele
- Food: CHEESE!!, donuts, and sushi
- Candy: Gummy Bears
- Fictional Characters: All the Muppets, Grover, and Sleeping Beauty
- Sports: Baseball - Phillies, Football - Eagles